Ckits and new objects

Everything about the various Boulder Dash tools, and other stuff created by the fans.

Moderator: Admin

MinerWilly

Ckits and new objects

Post by MinerWilly »

Hello everybody!
After some time of not much Boulder Dash playing i feel the urge for diamond collecting again and have some questions.
What ckits are there and what´s the difference between them? I like games made with the De Luxe construction kit because of the extra objects like bubbles and bombs and the "Boulder Dash" feel is just right too! Do other ckits incorporate new objects too? I have spotted eaters (or what they are called that eat everything except concrete wall and leave empty space ore some other object behind) in some games but i don´t know what ckit were used to make them.
Could someone point me to which games are made with the De Luxe ckit?
LogicDeLuxe

Re: Ckits and new objects

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

MinerWilly wrote:What ckits are there and what´s the difference between them? I like games made with the De Luxe construction kit because of the extra objects like bubbles and bombs and the "Boulder Dash" feel is just right too!
the "Marek's DeLuxe Construction Kit" is rather old and unstable on some drives. I highly recommend the "Crazy Light Tools": http://www.gratissaugen.de/erbsen/CLCKBETA.ZIP
It's the successor to the old tools. The new objects are almost the same, except you get falling walls, pushable boxes and acid instead of the ghosts.
Do other ckits incorporate new objects too? I have spotted eaters (or what they are called that eat everything except concrete wall and leave empty space ore some other object behind) in some games but i don´t know what ckit were used to make them.
Biters (or dirteaters) are available in both "Marek's DeLuxe Construction Kit" and in the "Crazy Light Tools". Oddly, you didn't notice.
Could someone point me to which games are made with the De Luxe ckit?
Here is a list of games with the engines they use for a start: http://www.gratissaugen.de/erbsen/liste.html
It's German, but you should be easily able to see the relevant parts.
A few more games were made with it. Those should be announced somewhere in this forum, among other places all over the internet.

For detailed differences, check out the Dash-FAQ: http://www.gratissaugen.de/erbsen/BD-Inside-FAQ.html
MinerWilly

Post by MinerWilly »

Thanks for the links, i didn´t realize the games were that well documented!

Sorry for being unclear, i know there are biters in "Marek's DeLuxe Construction Kit" and in the "Crazy Light Tools", but i meant they seem to be in games made with other ckits too.

Altough i have used "Marek's DeLuxe Construction Kit" to make some caves in the past my main purpose now is to play only, preferably games with new objects, therefore the post. Hopefully some day i´ll get a few more caves made and my own Boulder Dash put together but right now time just isn´t enough.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

MinerWilly wrote:Sorry for being unclear, i know there are biters in "Marek's DeLuxe Construction Kit" and in the "Crazy Light Tools", but i meant they seem to be in games made with other ckits too.
Which games? The only game using a different engine would be "Crazy Dream 7". There is no construction kit for that.

Maybe you have just seen the graphics for them. Those are really old and used in some games from the 80's, but they are just regular fireflies in those.
Altough i have used "Marek's DeLuxe Construction Kit" to make some caves in the past
Luckily, you can use those in the "Crazy Light Tools" as long as you didn't use ghosts in them. One of the big advantages in CrLi is that you aren't restricted to have exactly 20 caves in your game. It can be anything from 1 to 48 (24 for granted, more depending on how well your caves compress).
MinerWilly

Post by MinerWilly »

Other engines, with their own ckits, from the link you gave me:
http://www.gratissaugen.de/erbsen/BD-Inside-FAQ.html

This is getting a little confusing, probably due to my bad english but i´m ok now. I'll study the list with games and what engine they use and search this forum for games i might like! :)