Unsolvable cave?

Everything about the old and new Boulder Dash games for C64, Atari, ...

Moderator: Admin

subotai

Unsolvable cave?

Post by subotai »

Hello folks,

I'm playing the game Mega Boulder 01 at the moment and I'm wondering, if cave 03 is solvable. The required amount of diamonds is 90 and the slime permeability is set to 255. The pumpkin is a butterfly and the ghost is a firefly. It seems to be a PLCK cave without any special features. I couldn't find a destructible titanium wall for example. Any ideas?

schlonkel

Post by schlonkel »

Hi, i think you must crash the Pumpkin and the Ghost _both_ with one boulder. This is only possible when they be at the (purpur) marked place. So, you need a little timing :)

It's only an idea, not tested
subotai

Post by subotai »

Thanks for your attempt. Unfortunately, this isn't the solution. Even if it was a chain explosion, this wouldn't work, because the titanium wall is still blocking the way. Well I think that this cave is really unsolvable, very strange.
Mr Escape

Post by Mr Escape »

Are you sure it's impossible? I would've thought if you crush the pumpkin with good timing on that purple spot, one of the diamonds from it will spawn above the ghost, and then the ghost's explosion should break the wall.

I've not tested this either but i'm certain it'd work.
Testing and fixing up some caves for some releases, coming soon for real this time!
subotai

Post by subotai »

Mr Escape wrote:Are you sure it's impossible? I would've thought if you crush the pumpkin with good timing on that purple spot, one of the diamonds from it will spawn above the ghost, and then the ghost's explosion should break the wall.
This is it. You, you're good, you! 8) Thanks a lot. I've not testet this yet, but this is the solution. Very smart cave design.
Mr Escape

Post by Mr Escape »

Heh, it's no problem. I must've seen something like that before somewhere else, then again i've played tons of boulderdash games. :)

I'm glad to have helped anyway. :)
Testing and fixing up some caves for some releases, coming soon for real this time!