Krissz's site with online BD Remake + Construnction Kit

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

BadDog73 wrote:I understand most of the extended BD elements, but what is the mostly white boulder?
I think you mean the 'heavy boulder'. It works the same as a normal boulder, except that Rockford cannot push it.
There is also the 'light boulder'. This looks like a smaller version of the normal boulder. This boulder can be pushed fast (i.e. without the random delay), even through the air (but only from left to right).
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

An illustration of all 3 boulder types is the cave in the video below!

It goes quite fast, but as you can see, light boulders can be pushed through the air, while the heavy boulder, in order to move it, you need to bounce it against another boulder.

youtu.be/acMUGmFj-aY
vikits

Post by vikits »

quimby wrote:
Arno wrote:Hi CMosesPL!

This game is still fully alive and it is still possible to register! You have to send an email to Krissz with a request to create an account for you.

An email link can be found on his main page, at the bottom of http://blog.krissz.hu/magamrol/.)
I went to that website and it seems to be missing. I tried http://blog.krissz.hu/ and it says at the bottom "If you would like to contact me, send me an e-mail to info" but there's no email link. How do I gain access to that website with all those awesome levels? Will he respond to me (this thread seems a little old)?
Same here :( Can anybody help me?
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

vikits wrote:Same here :( Can anybody help me?
I've pm'ed you the email address of Krissz. You can ask him for a user account to access the Boulder Dash site! :)
neo2013

Boulderdash website

Post by neo2013 »

Hi Arno, I had the same username as forum but It wont let me login and last time was quite a while ago. It would be great to get access again
neo2013

Boulderdash website

Post by neo2013 »

Hi Arno, I had the same username as forum but It wont let me login and last time was quite a while ago. It would be great to get access again
Arno
Site Admin

Re: Boulderdash website

Post by Arno »

neo2013 wrote:Hi Arno, I had the same username as forum but It wont let me login and last time was quite a while ago. It would be great to get access again
Hi neo2013! I remember I've seen your name before; great idea to come back! :) I've pm'ed you Krissz his email address.
Chris Neilson

Post by Chris Neilson »

Krissz Boulder dash is gone.
Boulder Dash Construction Kit
Crazy Light Construction Kit
GDash <> XDC-engine
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Chris Neilson wrote:Krissz Boulder dash is gone.
The site is offline indeed. I don't know what happened; perhaps a technical failure at his webhosting? Krissz is still on holiday, so it may take a while.... :(
Chris Neilson

Post by Chris Neilson »

Website is empty, no log in to boulder dash. - Fixed on admin system.
Boulderdash
Last edited by Chris Neilson on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boulder Dash Construction Kit
Crazy Light Construction Kit
GDash <> XDC-engine
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

It's back online! :multi:
shredder

Post by shredder »

Krissz BD online remake is the best version of the game i've ever seen and ever played. Especially with the new engine. Wide screen, smooth movement, cool sound, colors and ofcourse classic C-64 graphics which is the best for sure :)
It is fantastic to play with great players out there. You can learn a lot from them. Some tricks and moves are insane! This community pushing the limits of BD to the max and this is beautifull!

Arno thanks for showing me this site :)
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

You're welcome Shredder! :)
It's indeed a great remake, although in terms of accuracy and possibilities, GDash is also great (perhaps even better). But indeed Krissz' (online) remake has indeed the community, which, together with the classic C64 gameplay and graphics, makes it for me too.
Other things I like a lot are the smooth editor, flexible cave sizes, light/heavy boulder and the replay/demo feature.

Thanks for joining, and I hope to inspire more BD fans to join as well! :D
shredder

Post by shredder »

I'm thinking about Krissz's online remake. Just like i wrote before, this is the best remake i've ever played.
I've sended email to Krissz and ask him about downloadable - offline version of his remake. For example with downloadable caves from the site.
I know that the server was shut'ed down for some time.
That could be awesome to have this version of BD on hdd and have the possibility to play even w/o internet or even when server is shut down.

Krissz said that the main goal of his remake is community. Ofcourse this is fantastic and i prefere to play online. But possibility to play offline can be great too.

What do you guys think?
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Interesting question. I fully agree that the community is one of the things which makes Krissz' remake so great. Since I registrated there, I hardly play BD or design caves on C64 emulators anymore.

Yet, the site is temporarily down sometimes, and we aren't sure that it will remain to exist for the upcoming years. This is one of the reasons why I started the youtube series and I store the .png files of all important caves on my computer, just to be sure that the great BD ideas won't be lost in the future.

I've no idea how much work it would be for Krissz to create a version that can run offline. To me, the best BD remake that runs offline is GDash. Perhaps it would be possible to add an export feature to download caves in BDCFF format, which GDash can read. But it won't be ideal either, because of compatibility issues, and moreover Krissz' remake has features which GDash does not support (e.g. light and heavy boulder).