BD Reincarnation

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

Piter

Post by Piter »

I'd love to get some feedback from you. What do you think about my program, what are your feelings? What you like or dislike? I know it is work in progress and it needs to be improved, but your opinion is important to me...

To be honest, except Paul I don't even know if someone actually downloaded and tested it... :(

Best, Peter.
Piter

NEW RELEASE OF BD REINCARNATION CLONE

Post by Piter »

Hi! :D

It's been awhile, but here I come back with the new release of my Boulder Dash clone. To be honest game has been recently rewritten almost from scratch and in my opinion is far better than the previous two releases I've shared with you last year.

As usual I have placed it in my public Dropbox folder. The target file is compressed with ZIP and checked for viruses. It's completely safe for download.

:arrow: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/272 ... 112013.zip

When you unpack it please check the readme file in docs folder. There you can find some important information. Or you can simply start game ;)

I hope you will enjoy it. As always - any feedback is welcome.

Best, Piter.
paul_nicholls

Post by paul_nicholls »

I will try this version as soon as I can, maybe tomorrow :)

cheers,
Paul
paul_nicholls

Post by paul_nicholls »

Hi piter, I downloaded and tried this version on my Asus laptop today.
It works just fine mate :)

cheers,
Paul
paul_nicholls

Post by paul_nicholls »

Oh, did you write this version using Lazarus (Freepascal) IDE?
The icon shows up as such on my machine :D
Piter

Post by Piter »

Hi Paul!

No, only the little launcher is written in Lazarus (it was quicker & easier). The game itself is written in C++ under mingw compiler with CodeBlocks IDE.

By the way - thanks fo feedback, so far you are the first person that had written anything about this release ;) I hope you're not the only one who even downloaded & tested it...

Best, Peter
cirix

Post by cirix »

You say in the documentation, that "Game graphics and sound generally comes from original game." Yes, this is more or less true, but the ogg files for sound are from GDash. This is a violation of the license, which says "The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software."
cirix
Piter

Post by Piter »

Cirix you are right - I've sent you PM. I didn't thought about GDash license violation since basically these sounds come from original game. Anyway I'm waiting for your response and until that I've removed these files from my release available to download.
cirix

Post by cirix »

just put a one line notice there and it's okay. i've spent a lot of time recording and mixing those samples.

unfortunately, the whole license thing is - i guess - unresolved, regarding all the original boulder dash data (graphics, sound and levels). the community is still waiting for somebody to create new graphics and sounds which still have the feel of the original game :)
cirix
ZDW

Post by ZDW »

piter wrote:Allright, here is as I promised - new demo. 21 caves in total. See the readme.txt file inside archive for details.
I hope you'll like it.
nice work)
but not always work start with Right Ctrl after death...
Piter

Post by Piter »

ZDW wrote:
piter wrote:Allright, here is as I promised - new demo. 21 caves in total. See the readme.txt file inside archive for details.
I hope you'll like it.
nice work)
but not always work start with Right Ctrl after death...
Thank you ZDW :)

It seems by your post that you've been testing very old release (Demo 2 from 2012). It's very outdated, though.

I can see that the newest version mentioned in my topic should have come from autumn 2013 - but the file is missing from my Dropbox. Anyway - it's also outdated :/

Shame on me :(

I'm still developing this project. I will post current version by the end of this week. Just give me some time to prepare working demo.

I need just a few days and I'll come up with current state of the project. :)
zsom

Post by zsom »

Piter, I'm very happy that you recently released your new version :)